Mr Teng Theng DarFounder & CEO
- Founder, Business Compass Consultancy
- Business Strategy Advisory / ASEAN, Japan & GCC
- Responsible technology applications, sustainable growth in ASEAN
With a strong conviction that the real drivers of the next waves of sustainable & innovative development will come from entrepreneurs, Mr. Teng has been working with like-minded business champions and enabling platform operators to develop regionally connected on-line-to-off-line (O2O) eco-system to promote borderless peer to peer, and business to business co-creations through joint R&D and business collaborations.
His key focus is in the green & clean living and well being sectors.
In his years of professional career, he worked with Japan, US, Indonesia and Singapore MNCs.
He has more than 35 years of senior management experience in the Asia region, Australia, and in the Middle East Region.
He spent ten years each in Japan and Indonesia, four years each in Malaysia and Australia managing businesses in the following sectors: FMCG (Manufacturing, Marketing & Distribution), Commodities trading, Agri-Food, F&B, ICT and system integration, Energy-saving solutions & products, as well as infrastructure and construction.
Based in Singapore, his current key appointments are:
- Founder, Business Compass Consultancy (Business strategy advisory – ASEAN+ Region)
- Chairman, barterfli Holdings Pte Ltd (Powering e-platforms – East Asia Business Exchange, Green Trade Hub)
- Chairman, Visionedge Pte Ltd (Low carbon technology marketplace / Partner of ADB)
- Chairman, MoolahSense Private Limited (Peer to peer crowd-lending platform)
- Chairman, Xpert Bees Pte Ltd (Corporate services and advisory platform)
- Chairman, GAC Ventures Pte Ltd (Incubator & Growth Accelerator platform)
- Director, SG21ST Pte Ltd (Enabling platform for Japan mid sized enterprises to ASEAN via Singapore)
- Chairman, Regience Global Pte Ltd (Biotech and medtech development accelerator)
- Adviser, RHT Strategic Advisory (Empowering businesses & investors)
- Adviser, IPPIN Japan Product Center for ASEAN (Business support services to SMEs from Japan)
- Adviser, Telenox Pte Ltd (HR SaaS platform for SMEs)
- Special Adviser, ASEAN-Plus Consulting Pte Ltd (Assisting ASEAN-Japan policy formulation for trade & investments)
- Honorary Chairman, Lucanna Pte Ltd (First on-line-only live arts auction house in Asia)
- Senior Corporate Advisor, Aquila Trust (NPO for the promotion of visual arts)
- Patron, Wisdom & Heritage Limited (NPO. Community services and culture)
- Member, Steering Committee, ASEAN Japan Meeting Group (日本経済同友会) Since 2011
- Member, Advisory Board, National Youth Achievements Award (Since Jan 2011 – )
- Singapore’s Non-Resident Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman (Since 2008 – )
- Adviser, SE Asia Region, Shizuoka Prefecture Government, Japan (Since 2012 – )
- After graduated from School of Commerce, Waseda University in spring 1979, he joined Kao Corporation, Japan and was tasked by the Company to coordinate regional product development and marketing strategy for the SE Asia markets.
- He remained with the Company until 1992 and thereafter he served as CEO/MD/Director of various conglomerates as well as listed companies in Indonesia, Australia and Singapore.
In years 2008 – 2011, he was CEO of Singapore Business Federation, years 2003 – 2011 Member of APEC Business Advisory Council and in 2009, he was appointed ABAC Chair for APEC Singapore Year.
Between 2011 – 2015, he served as Singapore representative at APEC Policy Partnership on Food Security.
- He also served as member of various international and bilateral business councils, charity organizations as well as multiple Singapore Government policy feedback committees.
- He graduated from the School of Commerce, Waseda University, Japan in March 1979 and is a life member of the Japanese University Graduates Association of Singapore (JUGAS).